Lemon & Blackberry Balsamic Muffins
Write a review
- 1 cup Olivia's Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Olivia's Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Blackberries (Fresh Or Frozen)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar (For sprinkling)
- Oil 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand-held mixer on medium setting, blend Olivia's Lemon EVOO and sugar; add in eggs (one at a time) beating after each addition. Blend in Olivia's Blackberry balsamic.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With a wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into EVOO/sugar mixture. Gradually stir in buttermilk until dry ingredients are just moistened; do not over-mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Evenly spoon sliced blackberries onto the center of each muffin and sprinkle each with a little granulated sugar.
- Bake blackberry muffins at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Gently turn blackberry muffins onto the rack. Serve muffins warm.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/