Black Currant Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto
Write a review
- 3-4 c vegetable stock
- 1/4 c minced chives
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 T Olivia's Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- 2 c diced mushrooms
- 2 c cubed butternut squash
- 1 c Arborio or Carnaroli Rice
- 1/2 c white wine
- 1/2 t Hawaiian Black Lava Sea Salt
- 1/2 t fresh grated pepper
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese
- Olivia's Black Currant Balsamic
- Simmer stock in pot.
- In large saucepan, sauté chives, mushrooms, shallots in Herbes de Provence Olive Oil for 5 mins. Add squash, 2 mins.
- Add rice and coat 1 min.
- Add wine, stir until evaporated.
- Add stock, ladle at a time, stirring until each has evaporated.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cooking total should be about 20 min until rice is done.
- Add 2T butter, stir in parmesan.
- Serve immediately. Drizzle with Black Currant Balsamic.
- Optional: Substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock and it becomes a delicious vegetarian main course!
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/