Apple Balsamic Bundt Cake
Write a review
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 2 T. butter
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. ground ginger
- ¼ t. ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 3 T. Olivia's Aged Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- 1 c. Olivia's Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 3 c. flour
- 1 T. cinnamon
- ½ t. ginger
- ½ t. ground nutmeg
- ¼ t. ground cloves
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 T. butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 T. Olivia's Aged Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- Sauté apples (medium heat) in a large saucepan with 2 T. butter until apples begin to soften.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Stir in Aged Apple Balsamic Vinegar and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the vinegar begins to thicken and then remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Generously oil a Bundt cake pan and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to completely cover the bottom and sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, Tuscan EVOO, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add flour, remaining spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir in chopped nuts and cooked apples. Mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared Bundt cake pan. Place in preheated oven and bake for 50-55 minutes (or until cake tested inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cake cool upright for 15 minutes. Then tap the pan firmly a few times and shake it gently to help loosen the cake. Place a serving platter on top of the cake pan and carefully flip over (inverting cake onto platter).
- Drizzle with glaze. Let cake cool before slicing.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and Aged Apple Balsamic Vinegar in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved (stirring constantly).
- Drizzle over warm cake.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/