Black Cherry Balsamic BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olivia's Bacon Olive Oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups dark sweet cherries, pitted and stems removed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Olivia's Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat the Bacon Olive Oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and saute for another minute or two.
- Stir in the cherries, ketchup, brown sugar, Black Cherry Balsamic, worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor (or keep it in the pan and use an immersion blender). Blend until smooth.
- Return to pan. Bring it back to a simmer and continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
- Using fresh cherries and wonder how you should pit them? Slice off the stem and then just use your fingers to pinch the pit out. It’s actually super easy and makes it go a lot faster than trying to slice off all the flesh of the cherry around the pit.
- You can also use frozen cherries as well.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/