Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple-Glazed Pecans
Write a review
- 3¼ pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed well and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons Olivia's Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 tablespoon Olivia's Maple Balsamic
- 1 teaspoon finely minced rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a 3-quart shallow casserole dish, toss the sweet potatoes with Blood Orange Olive Oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread evenly and roast until almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir into the sweet potatoes.
- Return to the oven and roast until the sweet potatoes are tender and the liquid thickened, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the pecans
- On a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet, toss the pecans, Maple Balsamic, rosemary, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- Spread in a single layer on the prepared pan.
- Bake, stirring once, until toasted and glazed, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool on the pan on a wire rack, stirring occasionally, until completely cool and crisp.
- Mash the hot sweet potatoes with the pan juices to your desired consistency. Spread evenly in the pan.
- Coarsely chop the pecans and sprinkle on top just before serving the dish hot or warm.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/