Basil Caprese Salad Skewers w/ Fig Balsamic
Write a review
- 2 C grape tomatoes
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese (in light salt water), drained
- ¼ C Olivia's Basil Olive Oil
- 1 tsp (scant) red pepper flakes, add more or less to suit your taste
- ½ tsp sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste (about 12-15 grinds)
- ½ C Olivia's Fig Balsamic
- 2 tbs butter
- basil leaves
- Place tomatoes and drained mozzarella into a bowl or Tupperware container.
- Whisk together Basil Olive Oil, Fig Balsamic, red pepper flakes (gently crush in your hands to release flavors), salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over tomatoes and mozzarella, gently combine and place in refrigerator to marinade for 1 hour.
- Skewer the tomatoes and mozzarella. There’s no particular way or right or wrong way to do this: I did tomato, cheese, basil, tomato, cheese. How much basil you use is up to you.
- Place skewers on plate and drizzle the remaining mixture over the skewers, using as little or much as you want.
- Take out of fridge at least 30 mins before serving
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/