Fig Balsamic Shredded Beef
Write a review
4 hr 5 min
4 hr 5 min
- 3 lbs chuck or round roast beef (or any similar beef cut suitable for slow roasting)
For the Sauce
- ½ cup Olivia's Fig Balsamic
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (320 F)
- Place the beef in a large roasting dish, preferably one that has a lid. (you can use foil if it doesn’t have a lid).
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce well in a bowl, then pour over the beef. Cover the dish and cook in the oven for 3-3½ hours, covered.
- After 3 hours, remove the dish from the oven. The meat will have shrunk a bit and there will probably be a good amount of fat on the surface of the sauce. Skim off as much fat as you can off the liquid.
- Using two forks, shred the beef as finely as you like, removing any excess fatty bits and spread out onto the bottom of the dish to soak up all the sauce.
- Return the dish to the oven, and roast for a further 30-40 minutes, this time uncovered, until darkened and the sauce is reduced slightly.
- Serve on rolls as an appetizer or an entree.
- Serve with potatoes, rice or in sandwiches. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days, or in the freezer for 3 months.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/