Lemon Olive Oil & Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Write a review
- 6 cups (or 4 good handfuls) of mesclun or spring mix salad
- 3 tbsp Gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles
- 20 grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 4 tbsp Olivia's Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp Olivia's Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- In a dry frying pan over medium heat, toast the almonds on the stove – watching closely that they brown but don’t burn. Set them aside to cool off.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the mesclun or spring salad mix, the gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles, the sliced grape tomatoes, the blueberries or raspberries and the cooled toasted almonds.
- In a resealable jar, combine the oil, vinegar and Dijon mustard. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously. Although the usual ratio for vinaigrette is 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar, a higher ratio of vinegar to oil is recommended for this dressing. Taste test as you add the vinegar to see if you agree! I prefer 3 tbsp. of vinegar to 4 tbsp. of oil.
- When you are ready to eat salad, before, during or after your meal, dress the salad with the vinaigrette.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/