Seared Steak with Blackberry Balsamic
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Olivia's Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 lb of flap meat steak
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- Coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat the Blackberry Balsamic, sugar and blackberries in a small pan over a low-medium heat for about 10 minutes and it coats the back of a spoon like syrup.
- Strain the vinegar mixture into a small bowl pushing the blackberries with the spoon to retrieve as much liquid as possible.
- Heat your grill to a high heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is really hot, cook the steak for about 3 minutes each side, not moving it at all while it's cooking.
- Take the steak from the grill and let it rest on a wooden board for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice the steak with a sharp knife across the grain into thin strips.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles over the steak followed by the chopped rosemary.
- Finally drizzle some of the balsamic glaze over the steak.
- Serve at once on the board and eat as is or add it to some warm mini tortillas.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/