Habanero Jerk Chicken
Write a review
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 piece Ginger, fresh
- 3 Green onions
- 1 Lime, wedge
- 1/4 cup Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Allspice, ground
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Cloves, ground
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olivia's Habanero Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Place all ingredients except for the chicken and lime wedges in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pat the chicken dry and place in a single layer in a large baking dish.
- Spread the spice mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes but up to overnight.
- When ready to cook remove the chicken from the refrigerator and either preheat the oven to 350 °F or preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- If baking bake for 1 hour, and then broil for 5-10 minutes to char. If grilling, grill for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165 °F) and charred in multiple places. You’ll want to flip occasionally.
- Let rest 10 minutes after cooking. Serve with lime wedges and cauli-rice.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/