Herbes de Provence Hearty Chicken Soup
Write a review
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olivia's Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- 2 turns of the pan
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small to medium red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 medium yellow skinned onion, peeled and halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon each dried sage, rosemary and thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds small red skinned potatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes or coarsely ground tomatoes
- 1 quart plus 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pound chicken tenders, diced
- 1 small jar black olive tapenade, 4 ounces
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Artisan loaf of bread, to pass at table
- One medium soup pot preheated over medium high heat.
- While soup pot heats, chop carrots into 1/4-inch dice, then add garlic, and stir to coat in Herbes de Provence Olive Oil.
- Chop and drop in the zucchini, pepper and onion next, 1/2 inch dice.
- Season all the veggies with salt and pepper.
- Cook the veggies together 5 minutes.
- While they cook, cut potatoes into thin wedges.
- Add wine to vegetables and reduce a minute or so.
- Add the tomatoes, cut potatoes and stock to the pot, cover the pot and raise heat to high.
- Bring the stoup to a boil, then add cut chicken and simmer 8 to10 minutes until potatoes are just tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve soup in shallow bowls and stir in a rounded spoonful of black olive tapenade at the table. Top soup with chopped parsley and pass the bread at the table for dipping.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/