Baked Ham with Pineapple Balsamic Glaze
Write a review
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup Olivia's Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup butter (diced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 7-9 pound smoked ham
- 1/2 cup water
- Fresh Pineapple Rings
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a large roasting pan with foil.
- Making 1/2-inch-deep slits, score ham with a diamond pattern.
- Place ham in the pan and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover the ham with pineapple rings, securing each ring with a toothpick.
- Cover with foil and roast for 45-60 minutes to heat thoroughly.
- Combine brown sugar, Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar, and mustard in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a low simmer, stirring until the sugar melts.
- Add butter and whisk until smooth and uniform.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat, but keep warm.
- Uncover ham and baste ham with glaze.
- Continue to roast ham and pineapple until deep brown and glazed, brushing ham with glaze every 10 minutes for an additional 30 minutes.
- Transfer ham to large platter.
- Remove Pineapple rings and serve with ham.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/