Caprese Chicken Lasagna
Write a review
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1 tbsp. Olivia's Italian Spice Olive Oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Olivia's Garlic Cilantro Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 5 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 4 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced basil leaves
- Garlic Cilantro Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook lasagna noodles until very al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat Italian Spice Olive Oil.
- Season chicken with dried oregano and salt and pepper.
- Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes.
- Add Garlic Cilantro Balsamic Vinegar and half the garlic to pan and stir until combined. Transfer to a plate.
- To skillet over medium heat, add butter. Let melt, then add remaining half garlic and cook 1 minute. Add flour and cook until golden, 1 minute more.
- Add milk and simmer until thick and creamy, 3 minutes, then add 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta and egg and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of sauce.
- Add a layer of lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping, and top with about a third of ricotta mixture, a third of tomatoes, a third of the basil, a third of the cooked chicken, another layer of sauce, and a third of mozzarella.
- Repeat with three layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 35 minutes.
- Garnish with more basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze and serve.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/