Spicy Grilled Pork Chops with Balsamic Peaches
Write a review
- 2 thick cut, bone-in pork chops
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup kosher salt
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Olivia's Habanero Olive Oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
For the grilled peach salsa
- 2 peaches, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons Habanero Olive Oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup slivered red onion
- 3 teaspoons Olivia's Peach White Balsamic
- 1½ teaspoons Vietnamese chili garlic sauce
- Kosher salt
- fresh basil leaves
- Rinse the pork chops, pat dry and place in a freezer bag.
- Bring the apple cider, water, ½ cup sugar and ⅓ cup kosher salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir until sugar and salt dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add a few ice cubes to cool the brine.
- Allow to cool completely then add to the freezer bags with the pork chops along with the rosemary sprigs, garlic cloves and black peppercorns.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours up to overnight.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine and discard the brine.
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel and lightly brush with olive oil and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat one side of the grill to high and one side to low.
- Brown the chops for about 5 minutes or until nice grill marks develop and then turn to the other side and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn the chops over and move them to the low-heat part of the grill.
- Cook for another 10-12 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees in the thickest part of the chop.
- Transfer to a platter and tent with aluminum foil for about 5 minutes and chops reach 160 degrees.
- While pork chops are cooking on the low temperature side of the grill, lightly coat the peach halves on the fleshy side of the fruit with 1 tablespoon of Habanero Olive Oil and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the sugar.
- Grill the peaches flesh side down on the high temperature side of the grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into slices.
- Mix the red onions with the remaining tablespoon of habanero olive oil, peach white balsamic, chili garlic sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and a pinch of kosher salt. Add the sliced peaches to the red onions and gently mix.
- Top the pork chops with the peaches and onion mix and garnish with torn basil leaves.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/