Garlic Basil Chicken with Tomato Butter Sauce
Write a review
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Olivia's Basil Olive Oil
- 5-6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- One handful fresh basil, loosely packed, cut into ribbons
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces pasta, like spaghetti, linguine, or bucatini
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and pound each piece to an even thickness, about one inch or so in the thickest parts (this just helps it cook faster and more evenly).
- Remove the plastic and sprinkle each piece of chicken generously with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prep the tomatoes, garlic, and basil and set aside.
- Make the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the Basil Olive Oil on medium high in a large heavy skillet
- Add the chicken and cook for several minutes on each side – the goal here is to get the chicken cooked AND get a nice browning on the outside.
- When the chicken is done, set aside.
- Give the Basil Olive Oil a few minutes to cool, add the tomatoes, and return to heat.
- Simmer to cook the tomatoes down into a chunky-sauce-like-mixture.
- Add the garlic and butter and stir to combine until the butter is melted.
- Add the chicken back in to soak in the sauce for a few minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the basil.
- Top servings of pasta with the chicken and the sauce.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/