Vegetarian Spaghetti w/Olive Oil and Garlic
Write a review
- Kosher salt, to taste, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Olivia's Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 lemon, zested, optional
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, optional
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat, then salt it generously.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally until al dente, tender but not mushy, about 8 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, combine the garlic, olive oil, the 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes in a large skillet and warm over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic softens and turns golden, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta in a colander set in the sink, reserving about a 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta and the reserved water to the garlic mixture. Mix well.
- Add the parsley and lemon zest (if using). Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl or divide amongst 4 to 6 dishes.
- Serve topped with grated cheese, if desired.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/