Smoked Slow Cooked Turkey Leg
Write a review
- 2 lbs (900g) turkey leg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, or 1 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Olivia's Smoked Olive Oil
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2/3 cup (150ml) chicken stock
- Preheat your oven to 370°F (190°C).
- Season turkey leg with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed, oven-proof casserole with Smoked Olive Oil over medium heat, brown the leg for 3 minutes on each side. Then add onions, garlic, Sriracha, honey and thyme; cook for 2 minutes stirring gently and deglaze with chicken stock. Add the bay leaves.
- Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 4-5 hours at 370°F (190°C)—or lower 305°F (150°C) for 6-8 hours.
- Baste regularly with the cooking juices.
- At the end of cooking, adjust seasoning if needed but there should be enough salt given the chicken stock is reduced.
- When the turkey meat falls apart easily, transfer to a serving platter and shred with two forks.
- Enjoy on sandwiches, with a baked potato, white rice, or however else you want to enjoy it.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/