Grilled Satsumas With Gorgonzola and Smoked Olive Oil
Write a review
- 4 (about 10 ounces total) satsuma mandarin oranges, peeled and cut horizontally into equal thirds
- 3 tablespoons Gorgonzola dolce, torn or pinched into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons Olivia's Smoked Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint or basil leaves, rolled, then cut into very thin strips
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Prepare a charcoal grill for direct heat or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
- Lightly grease the grill grate.
- Once the charcoal is ashen or the gas grill is ready, place the cut oranges on the grill.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until a slight char forms.
- Transfer to a platter. Scatter the cheese evenly over the fruit, then drizzle with the smoked olive oil.
- Sprinkle the mint or basil over the top, then garnish with the pomegranate seeds, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- MAKE AHEAD: The oranges can be grilled a day in advance, then cooled and refrigerated in an airtight container. Use them in this preparation chilled or at room temperature.
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/