Garlic Cilantro Balsamic Caramelized Onion Turkey Burger
Write a review
Balsamic Caramelized Onions
- 3 large onions (usually use white or red), cut in half and then sliced
- 1/2 cup Olivia's Garlic Cilantro Balsamic
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp (3 large cloves) of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs dried thyme
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- balsamic caramelized onions
- whatever you want to put it on: whole wheat bun, english muffin, pita, greens, etc..
Make the balsamic caramelized onions
- Put your sliced onions and Garlic Cilantro Balsamic in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. If you don't have one you can use a pot instead, but the process may take a bit longer.
- Cover and cook about 20 minutes.
- Take off the lid and continue to cook, stirring every few minutes, until there is no liquid left.
- Once this happens, the onions will start to caramelize.
- Add 1/3 cup of water, stirring again until there is no liquid left. Repeat this process until onions are fully cooked and caramelized. Set aside.
To make the burgers
- Mix together all ingredients, form into 8 burger patties.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Make sure it's nice and hot before adding your burgers or they may stick. You can also cook these in a cast iron skillet. Either way, using medium-high heat, they should take about 7 minutes on each side.
- Flip only once to get the juiciest burgers and cook until the burgers reach 165 degrees or if you don't have a thermometer, until they're hot and no longer pink on the inside.
- Put a slice of provolone on each one and close the lid until melted (this will only take a minute or so).
Olivia Olive Oil https://oliviaevoo.com/