Habanero Hot Sauce
Write a review
- 1 tbsp Olivia's Habanero Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tomato
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the Habanero Olive Oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the carrots, oil, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor.
- Add water, lime juice, vinegar, tomato and lime zest to the blender/processor and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, transfer the mixture to a saucepan and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Simmering at the end gives the sauce a more liquid consistency.
- Not hot enough?? Throw in a couple of habanero peppers! (stems removed)
Olivia Olive Oil http://oliviaevoo.com/